Bangalore is the most developed cities in India away from the mundane city life. Everybody needs a break and Bangalore offers on of the major tourist destinations in and around the city ranging from temples to historical buildings and sanctuaries. Bengaluru offers a wide variety of small and sweet weekend trips. Some of the nearby weekend trips are ;
1. Mysore - it is the 3rd largest city in Karnataka and has a reminiscence of royal maharajas. lalitha Mahal is the second largest palace in Mysore. It is located near the Chamundi Hills, east of the city. The architect of this palace was E. W. Fritchley. The Brindavan Gardens, Srirangapatna, Mandya district are show gardens that have a beautiful botanical park, full of fountains, as well as boats in the river beneath the dam. Diwans of Mysore planned and built the gardens in connection with the construction of the dam. Display items include a musical fountain. Mysore is noted for its heritage structures and palaces, including the Mysore Palace, and for the festivities that take place during the Dasara festival when the city receives a large number of tourists from across the world. It lends its name to various forms arts and culture like Mysore Dasara, Mysore Painting; dishes like the sweet dish Mysore Pak, Mysore masala dosa; brands like Mysore Sandal Soap, Mysore Ink; styles and cosmetics like Mysore Peta (a traditional silk turban) and the Mysore Silk sarees, etc.
2. Coorg - it is also known as the Scotland of India. It is a place for all nature lovers with a perpetual misty landscape. It is officially known as Kodagu with exotic scenery covered with hills, spice and coffee plantation. Abbey falls is ranked among the places to visit in Coorg. It is 10 kms away from Madikeri. A walk on the hanging bridge to get a mesmerizing view of the falls makes it a must visit. The Golden temple or the Tibetan monastery is one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in India. This famous place introduces each tourist to the tibetan cilture. A beautiful island formed by river Cauvery is one the must visited places near coorg and needs a trek to the rope bridges. It is the home o authentic Kodava cuisine.
3. Chikmaglur - this is a hill station near Karnataka and Mangalore is the nearest airport. One can visit te place throughout the year and is known for its wildlife, hills and valleys. Situated at the foothills of MullYanagiri ranges, it is a great attraction for trekkers and peaceful ambiance lovers. The St. joseph's Cathedral as well the Siddheshwara temple are just near by. Mullayanagiri, Hebbe Falls, Baba Budangiri, Kemmangundi, Kudremukh National Park, Kalhatti Falls, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and many more are in Chikmagalur to arrange the best ever tourist sights any traveler would like to watch. A pristine location sprawling in the extensive Western Ghats offer the mind blowing views of the thick Shola forests and lush green bushes throughout the ways.The multiple hills located at great heights give the opportunity to enjoy the panoramic views of the marvelous environment.
4. Kanakapura - it is just 50 kms away from the city and is peppered with adventurous activities. The place is filled with adventurous sport pursuits and camps that keep you occupied. Varying from water sport to canyoning and even rafting experiences helped the tourist to savor the beauty of the nature. A lazy day at the Grover Zampa wine yard at the foothills of the Nandi hills in the north of the Bangalore can become one of the most cherishable experiences. Tourists are also allowed to watch the winery and the art of making wines.It is land of excitement in the lap of mother Earth. The nearby food eateries also offer some lips smacking food.
5. Horsley hills - it is located at a distance of 166 kms from Bangalore and is famous hill station in the Chitoor district in Andhra Pradesh. The name of the hill earlier was Yenugu Mallamma konda i.e. the girl named Mallamma was taken care by the elephants. The best time to visit the hills is November to May. The scenic drive to the hills not only includes thick vegetation but also narrow roads with dense growth of Gulmohar and Sandalwood trees. Galibanda and Environmental parks are some of the major tourist places here. It is also well connected by Tirupati - home to some of the most beautiful temples. Small pocket friendly guest houses are also available in and around the hill.
6. Yelagiri hills - these hills are situated 230 kms from Chennai and is situated in the hilly region of the Vellore district of Tamil Nadu. It is one of the best weekend getaways from Bangalore and Chennai. It is a cluster of 14 hamlets that lie between 4 mountains spread over an area of 30 sq. kms. Orchards, Rose gardens, etc, surround these hills. It also offers winding roads with isolated villages. The highest poijt in Yelagiri is Swami Malai hill that offers a spectacular view. There are trekking options like Javadi hills and Palamathi hills. The Punganur lake is a manmade lake and one the popular attraction. The Velavan temple, Jalagamparai waterfalls and nature park are other attraction. The best time to visit is in winters.