Delhi is not only the political capital but is also a colorful and vibrant city with open minded people. It offers a variety of picnic spots and refreshments tours during both short and long weekends and offers a large variety of weekend getaways. These getaways near Delhi are not only pocket friendly but also offers many adventurous activities that is sure to push up your adrenaline level. These places include hill stations, religious sites, sanctuaries, and fun trips. Few weekend getaways from Delhi are:
1. Sohna - is situated on the highway from Gurgaon to Alwar. It is an apt place for a corporate day out near Delhi. The main attraction of this place is the hot water springs located at the ancient Shiva temple. Sohna lies in the foothills of the Aravalis. The best time to visit this place is in winters. It is about 54 kms from NH48. There are multiple bus services available to reach this place. The Damdama lake is known for boating activities and is a perennial lake fed by the monsoons. It is one of the major attraction of Sohna. Thousand tourists come to enjoy the hot water spring that is believed to have medicinal properties that cures skin diseases. It has been modernized with spa facilities. The Bhratpur hill fort is one of the famous forts whose ruins still remain near the town. The Kamboj ruins of Sohna is a must visit.
2. Rishikesh - This is situated in the himalayan foothills and the town is embraced by the holy river Ganga and the nature. This place serves as a center of spiritual studies, teaching, yoga and meditation. The laxman Jhula is an hanging bridge situated 70 feet above the river. The river serves as a connection between Tapovan and Jonk. The construction of temples around the jhula has made Rishikesh a popular tourist destination. Over the years the place has developed river rafting, bungee jumping, flying fox, mountain biking etc. There are several direct train and buses to arrive at this place. The triveni Ghat is considered as one the sacred bating spots situated on the banks of Ganges river. Dehradun is the nearest airport to this place.
3. Mussoorie - this is a chilly hill station, very well known for its colonial heritages and religious sights. It is a popular getaway for Delhi. The luscious green fields and the scenic beauty has been a source of attraction for many tourists. It offers a perfect blend of nature and historical monuments. Lal tibba is a mist visit for all those travelers who love a paranomic hill view.On the ascent of the hill one can watch places like Kedarnath and Badrinath also. Kempty falls are located between Dehradun and Mussoorie roads. There is also a pond formed at the bottom of the falls. Mussoorie's tourism has developed paragliding and trekking spots to taste the scenic view of the hills. It is 280 kms from Delhi if the traveler chooses to take the Saharanpur Delhi road. You must visit this place between September to June.
4. Jaipur - also known as the Pink city, this is a home to spectacular palaces, holy temples and ancient fort. This place remains an example of cultural heritage even today. Tourist from all over world come to witness the Hawa Mahal, an iconic landmark. This palace of winds is where once the royal queens rested and observed the activities without being seen. It is built in an Mughal styled architecture. The City palace depicts a Rajputi architecture with layers of chambers and halls. Not all parts of palace are open to tourists. The Jantar Mantar is an UNESCO world heritage site from where astronomical observations could be made simply. It is 296 kms away from Delhi via NH48. Regular flights are also available. Nahargarh fort is a double stored living place. October to march is the best time to visit.
5. Agra - synonym to Taj Mahal offers the view of the one of the 7 wonders of the world. It is one the best choices for a weekend getaway. The Taj Mahal, The Agra fort and Fatehpur Sikhri are examples to magnificent architectural minuteness. It is the emblem of true love. The Agra fort lieing parallel to the Yamuna river this made up of massive red sandstone. The Mehtadg bagh is a place for family outing. The garden joins the Chahar bagh and the second chahar bagh padshahi. Agra is 232 kms away via Taj express highway.
6. Vrindavan - this is a holy town dedicated place to lord krishna and his lover the deity Radha. It is located in Uttar Preadesh in the Mathura district. The Banke Bihari mandir is one of the most important temple. You can see a swam of devotees that throm the temple everyday. The Prem mandir is another astounding attraction shaped in 2001 near the Bridge area. It offers intricate carvings. ISKCON is a Shree Krishna Bala ram Mandir whose core objective was to increase the awareness about the vedic scriptures and Bhagwat Geeta. The Bharatpur National park is located very close. The yamuna express way serves as a link between Delhi and Vrindavan. Taxi cabs and personal vehicles are the best options to reach.
7. Others - Lansdown is perfect one day trip from Delhi giving a mesmerizing view of the Bhulla lake and Bhimpakoda. it 260 kms via NH534. The monkey point is the highest point of Kasauli where tourists can spot near by cities like Chandigarh, Kalka and Panchkula. Gurudwara Shree Guru Nanak ji is the famous tourist site. The Siriska Tiger reserve located in Rajasthan is the best place to experience the beauty of nature. Nonaukuchiatal is a small lake village nearby in the arms of nature. It is 299 kms from Delhi. The Junglia gaon near it is a compulsory visit. Mandawa is referred to as a open art gallery. The Murmuria Haveli is an elegant architecture that is a proper view of rajasthani culture and beauty.