Returning down the lane that night, every mind feels the same thing – “the night never gets old.” Music is the strongest form of magic. As it is said, dance like no one is watching and sing like no one is hearing, music festivals are one heck of an excitement and memory. Lights rolling, bands flashing, phones clicking and beats dropping. Living a music festival is a feeling forever.
Ladies and gentleman here representing the 10 most heart throbbing music festivals in India:
1. Sunburn – this commercial electronic, dance and music festival which earlier took place in Vagator, Goa and now in Kesnand, Pune is a must visit. This was ranked by CNN in 2009, as one among the top best music festivals in the world. The thrill of the celebration continues for complete 4 days on multiple stages with various artists showcasing their talents. The environment is set in mood by DJs like Afro jack, Axwell, Pete Tong, etc. The fan bases ranges in lakhs and sometimes it becomes extremely difficult to manage the crowd. This festival is a synonym to nonstop music, dance and fun. It would be the best time of your life, an experience never experienced before.
3. Hornbill – held every year from 1-10 December in Nagaland, this is the biggest cultural tourism festival that takes place in India. It is known as the “Festivals of Festivals.” Organized by the State Tourism and Art and Culture Departments, the festival is a true mix of cultural shows under one roof. It takes place in Kohima where the entire tribe region is engrossed in the celebration. It is a mesmerizing depiction of the traditions of Nagaland and its extravagant culture, food, music, people etc. The festival includes the Naga Morungs exhibition and the Miss Nagaland beauty pageant. It contributes immensely to the state revenue with rich cultural heritage and the resourceful architecture.
5. Jodhpur riff – this is one of the common favourite music festival which is a beautiful blend of traditional folk music and arts of Rajasthan. This international music festival takes place at Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur every October. It is open to all acclaimed folk artists in and around the globe. You know what to do when we say that the 2017 festival will take place from October 5th to 9th. It is a "not for profit" partnership project which has been endorsed by UNESCO as a “Peoples” platform for creativity and sustainable development. It is timed to coincide with the Sharad Purnima with HH Gaj Singh of Marwar being the chief patron of the Jodhpur RIFF.
7. Summer storm – it is an annual festival that takes place in Bangalore, India. It is held in the palace grounds. It was founded by the Overture India. The significance of the festival is that it promotes hard rock and metal acts and does not bow to have pop or radio friendly musics. It widely regarded as the biggest metal festival in the country with thousands of metal fans across India and abroad. Kyazoonga is a online ticketing company for distribution of tickets. VH1 is also sponsor to gain last minute mileage.
10. Magnetic fields – this December festival of rajasthan in Alsisar mehal is unlike any other event . The offbeat nature of the immersing local artists and the delicious food gives the feeling of a community which is global. The rajasthani folk musicians perform thousand year old songs about snakes rivers and requited love. Alsisar mehal is a majestic venue , cream colored and leafy with numerous cubby holes and elegant courtyards. A playful and easy going weekend with such atmosphere in details elevates the festival to something more than just gathering peoples and musicians. In the 4th edition of the festival 3000 people witnessed the festival.